Saturday, December 31, 2011

"Faith and worry don't mix."

I am a worrier!! I worry about everything, literally. I can't even watch or push a child on a swing set because I worry that they will bump into another child or hit the wooden supports or fall off or... You get the idea.  The adoption has brought on a whole new set of worries! One of the biggest worries (there are many) that we have had is for the finances. I know I have mentioned it before, but adopting 1 child from Bulgaria costs at least $33,000. We would like to adopt siblings, which means it would be closer to $45,000. That is a lot of money. Thankfully, we don't have to pay this all at once. We pay smaller fees at a time and they are spaced out. However, it is still $2,000-$4,000 at a time, which is nothing to sneeze at. Right now, we are working on our home study and dossier. They are both a ton of paperwork. The home study also consists of interviews. Suprisingly, I am not worried about the interviews. God has called us to adopt and we already have a child/ren in Bulgaria, we just have to make it official. :) But we have to pay a home study fee before our first interview (January 23) and we don't have all of the money yet. We have had this issue before and God has provided everytime. After His provision, my faith and trust levels are always boosted higher and I can't believe that I didn't just trust God to begin with. Then, we get to this point again and all the worry comes back. I finally had a mini-meltdown last night. It is so hard to just wait and trust God to provide. This morning, I read out of my devotion book (I haven't been reading as often as I should, this will be a New Year's resolution!). The devotion, amazingly enough, was about not worrying. Here is part of the scripture that was used: Matthew 6:25a & 33-34 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life... But seek first His kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." God is always listening and watching and providing. Worrying does nothing! The last sentence of the devotion was "Faith and worry don't mix." I need to remember to trust God to provide for this adoption. I don't know how He is going to do it. And I don't need to know, I just need to trust. Please continue to pray for us throughout this process. Pray that we would keep our faith and trust in God and that He would provide financially. Pray that God would continue to prepare us all to be a family.




No comments:

Post a Comment